On 2/13/2012 5:00 AM, Veilleux, Jon L wrote:
I think that this paragraph is interesting:

"We were previously using configuration management version control, which required a lengthy
code check-in process," said Clark Dudek, software developer, IBM Systems and Technology
Group. "Rational Team Concert has encouraged greater code collaboration and better work item
tracking within my team."

I guess IBM doesn't think they need version control anymore. Might that be why
we are seeing more problems lately?

IBM has been using Agile development for the past couple/few z/OS releases. I am not aware that this development model has been blamed for any recent increase in defects or if such an increase even exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development

I took the reference in the article to be simply a sales "plug" for IBM's Rational Concert--their particular for-sale software life-cycle management tool which supports Agile development.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc