-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laura Prill
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SMP/E for non-sysprogs?

Hello,

Has anybody worked in a shop where people other than
systems programmers use SMP/E to maintain third-party
products?

We currently have a discussion going on in our shop
about transferring PTF maintenance duties for one
third-party product to an administrative group that
happens to include one former sysprog with SMP/E
experience.  Because the others in the group do not
have systems backgrounds, I am concerned that this
decision could come back to haunt us in the long run,
and that it also may open Pandora's box for other
third-party products where the administrators are
definitely non-technical.  However, I do not want to
stand in the way of a good idea by overreacting, if my
concerns have no basis.

If anyone has experienced this situation and could tell
me the pros and/or cons from your experience, I would
love to hear them.

Thanks!
Laura Prill

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access
instructions, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html