<snip>

> [DOS/VS]
> // DLBL SYS004,'My Payroll file'.....
>

> [Going to MVS]
> //VSEDSN  DD DSN='My Payroll file',DISP=OLD,
> //           VOL=SER=SHRD01,UNIT=2314,....
>

> I seem to recall such a critter during a DOS to MVS migration.

Sorry - CATALOGUED data sets do not support lower case.  Yes, you can
create funky data set names on your VTOCs, but there may be other issues
you'll have to deal with - vendor products, IBM components, etc.

Thanks,
Mark Thomen

Yeah. Try to delete that puppy using IEHPROGM. No can do. Try to protect
it with RACF. Impossible. But really fun to confuse the storage
administrator. Oh, and you can't put it on an SMS managed pack either. I
really like SMS management. Honestly.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.