In a recent note, "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" said:

> Date:         Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:31:50 -0300
>

> >I'd strongly object to making non-keywords
> >case insensitive as was stupidly done in the TSO command parser
>
> Non keywords are case insensitive only if you tell PARSE that you want
> them to be.  [in TSO]

I've wished for this; I've sought it; the best I can find is the
ASIS keyword which applies only to the CALL command

Is there anything akin to a PROFILE ASIS option?  How do I assert it?

> >and, far more recently, in Binder, necessitating the introduction of
> >the MIXED option.
>
> Wasn't that because of Unix support?

No.  It was misguided developer whim.  There is no need for
CASE=UPPER; in particular it's not necessary to support SYSLIN
files that antedate the Binder and its CASE option; such SYSLIN
files work fine with CASE=MIXED.  And absent the CASE=UPPER,
only MIXED remains, so there's no need for CASE at all.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL