Hi Tom,

thanks for your explanation. That was basically what I already knew and what
WLM development told me in 5000 words or more.

That product not only sets several timers per address space, they also pop all
at the same time. (I looked at a system trace table of 1.5s length, and for
this product there were about 450 timer pops in 0.010s, as indicated be the
timer SRBs that got scheduled. There were also way too many EXT/CLKC interrupts
in MVS storage management indicating that the default LE options the product
comes with are a long way away from ideal. The list goes on.

Fact is that I am stuck with a very bad PI (and I cannot really do anything
about it in WLM), and when the fines are due to be paid (because we didn't
deliver on time) or the customer complaints come in, it's my head that will
roll (because I am responsible for the wlm policy).

So there are definitely tasks that don't play by WLMs rules.....

>But this is all parenthetic to the OP's question
And then comes Martin and makes me get out the dictionary! :-)

Regards, Barbara