On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 07:42 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

> Do you have enough engines and capacity where bursts won't hurt other
> workloads?  If so, I might be inclined to run this work in SYSSTC (I assume
> discretionary  won't work for this since you mentioned "on time") and then
> WLM doesn't have to manage it.

Great minds ... :0)
I had thought of suggesting the same thing - if the business of running
the business is sufficiently important, run the business.

However this doesn't answer any "ramp-up" issues if the LPAR goes from
somnolent to full load "instantly".
I occasionally hark back to MDFs ability to define a guaranteed minimum
for a domain (LPAR for those of you unfortunate enough not to have had
the pleasure).

Shane ...