------------------------------<snip>----------------------
Translation: IBM's use of the STNSM to disable interrupts explicitly within the nucleus
is rife, so why do they externally document that it should not be done?
The first reason I can think of is to minimize impact on dispatcher and WLM operations
and measurements by keeping the disabled "windows" as small as possible.

Perhaps secondly (my theory) is that during those windows, the TPI instruction is used to help keep those windows even more efficient. Not shorter, but more effieient.

Maybe not correct, but my thoughts.......