that has been posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main,alt.folklore.computers as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ed Gould) writes:
> To refresh my memory was the 370 the first public machine that used
> the HSB? My memory says yes but as we have seen the POPS and FUNC
> manual are indeed different. There were quite a few machines I had no
> exposure to like the 44 and the 67 and the (1)95 among others

360/85 was first machine with cache.

this web page has some number of ibm product announcements
http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/IBM-ProdAnn/index.html

including the 360/85
http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/IBM-ProdAnn/360-85.pdf