-------------------------------<snip>----------------
To refresh my memory was the 370 the first public machine that used the HSB? My memory says yes but as we have seen the POPS and FUNC manual are indeed different. There were quite a few machines I had no exposure to like the 44 and the 67 and the (1)95 among others
I remember that the 44 I worked with had high-speed general registers, but I was green enough that I didn't know what effect they had. I don't recall any mention of high-speed buffers in my 44 or 67 days, but I was still pretty green at the time so I can't be sure. I remember that on our 44, we had three high-speed channels, but they were all byte-multiplexors; unit-record stuff on 0, 2314 DASD on 1 and 2401 tapes on 2.