Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:33:23 +0000, Roy Hewitt wrote:
See the following as an example of how to include such data instream
using standard IBM utilities. This example includes Terse output (but
could easily be Transmit), that has been reformatted as 64 bytes and
offset to pos 3.

Thanks for suggesting the utilities.

Hmmm.  The largest divisor of 80 I could use is 40.  This cuts the
efficency to 50% from your 80% with TERSE.  That's still acceptable,
and I don't need TERSE which is not yet a standard IBM utility at
all supported releases.

Just to clarify, 64 has to be a factor of the blocksize, not the record length, so with FB 80, blksize=8000, you could still split up to 64 byte chunks

I've done similar with uuencode as a test.

All things considered, I'd prefer not to frighten the customer with
complexity;

I can understand that

Roy