Paul Gilmartin wrote:
<snip>
Hmmm.  The largest divisor of 80 I could use is 40.  This cuts the
efficency to 50% from your 80% with TERSE.  That's still acceptable,
and I don't need TERSE which is not yet a standard IBM utility at
all supported releases.
<snip>

See APAR OA19194, which makes AMATERSE, alias TRSMAIN, available on z/OS R7 and up. That's all supported releases since R6 is out of service and AMATERSE is included in z/OS R9. The PTFs closed 4 November 2007. They are:

UA36927 - z/OS R7
UA36928 - z/OS R8

--
John Eells