>If the installation has a fair amount of mods to the OS then increase the
>number of sysprogs. How many well it depends on the complexity of the mods and
>other things.

I hope you mean exits!
I haven't seen a shop with mods in a long time.
I worked with an Operations manager (just before XA), who used to work at IBM.
He couldn't tell us anything; XA hadn't been announced, yet.
He was governed by nda/ip up until the 3090, so he had to keep his mouth shut.

Anyways, he had authority to disallow any mods.
Which he did.
We went from almost 100 to 2 or 3.
Then XA and OCO came out.
The last ones were turned into exits, as the original set had been.
We lost a few functions, but the company has been mod-free since the mid-1980's.

In the 1960's-1970's, there were system programmers that marketted themselves
on the ability to modify MFT/MVT code.

I thing, since the 1980's, there are very few shops with mods (I hope!).
The last effective set was the Melon Bank mods.
THRUPUT Mangler has taken care of most of that, if not all, by exits.

(PS: MVS Solutions (the developers of TM) is a Canadian Company based in
Markham Ontario)

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!