Hi,

If you have access, you can look in the system log.
Tools like OPC will capture the end of job event and then do something.

Well, I need to do this in a program. Could you bring me in the right direction and tell me how I can capture the SYSLOG?

My problem is that I submit a job and some time later I need to know if the job has run **AND** which was the return-code (best: condition code of every step).

My first idea was that I could write a "loader-program": So if the program "IEBCOPY" needs to be executed I could code my JCL like this:

STEP01  EXEC PGM=MYLOAD,PARM='IEBCOPY'

Now MYLOAD loads/fetches IEBCOPY (--> see PARM) and executes it. after IEBCOPY returns, I could write the RC to a file. This would also be a solution (for my problem) even for multi-step jobs. But this approach doesn't work if IEBCOPY ABENDs, because MYLOAD would not get control anymore. Or is it also possible to cathc **ALL** ABENDs? Using LE I can only catch S0Cx....

Bye & Thanks,
Michael