From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Rob Scott
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 7:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to check if a job has run?

Michael

Off the top of my head I can think of the following options (outside of any
job scheduling software solution).

(1) Use the IEFACTRT exit (job/step termination exit) - however this might
be overkill for you.
(2) Write an assembler program that always gets control as the last job step
and process the JCT and SCT control blocks - (not sure about the GUPI status
of these)
(3) Write some basic sort of checkpointing pgm that gets control as last job
step and writes data depending on success/failure of job and/or steps
(4) Post process the SMF data hunting for type-30 records using SORT or a
freeware tool like DAF.

Rob Scott
Rocket Software, Inc
275 Grove Street