From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Michael Knigge
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to check if a job has run?

Rob,

> (1) Use the IEFACTRT exit (job/step termination exit) - however this might
be overkill for you.

Well, I need this functionality only for a few jobs and IEFACTRT would
impact all submitted jobs... From this point of view - yes, it is overkill.

> (2) Write an assembler program that always gets control as the last job
step and process the JCT and SCT control blocks - (not sure about the GUPI
status of these)

Well if nothing else would be possible I would do this.

> (4) Post process the SMF data hunting for type-30 records using SORT or a
freeware tool like DAF.

I would like to capture SYSLOG or SMF, but I don't know how to do it.
Running a batch-Job for this would not fit my needs.

Bye,
Michael