David,

file, so how does this help? What would you do with it that I am not
understanding?

Hmmm. yes... confusing... :)

What I don't want is an "additional STEP after every STEP" in my Job.

So for example:

STEP01: IEBCOPY
STEP02: MYTOOL --> writes STEP01 returned CC=0
STEP03: IEBCOPY
STEP04: MYTOOL --> writes STEP03 returned CC=4
STEP05: IEBCOPY
STEP06: MYTOOL --> writes STEP05 returned CC=4

I didn't knew that is is quite simple to use JCT and SCT to get the CC of every STEP in the job. So putting "only one" STEP at the end of the Job is somehow "ok" for me.

And I like this more than the "FTP-Idea", because the FTP-Server may be down, the JCT/SCT will never ;-)

Bye,
Michael