On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:32:39 -0400, Gerhard Postpischil
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I sympathize, having just worked through some bracket
>incompatibilities with special software, but what would the
>keyboard look like? Eight shift keys or worse ? <g>

Speaking of bracket incompatabilites, ...

Maybe this was already mentioned inthe thread, but I've been
verifying effects of the  changes to "Terminal type" by looking
at the output from man commands issued from an ISHELL panel
(in addition to viewing the macros mentioned).  Square brackets
look great there.  But not so the square brackets I enter from my
keyboard.

I'm using PComm with "Session parameters - Host Code-Page" set to
1047.  It was probably mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I
don't know if that specification effects both keyboard mapping and
display or just display.

The square brackets that display correctly are x'AD' and x'BD'.
The square brackets from PComm are x'B0' and x'6A'.

I know I can change the keyboard mapping.  Is that what others
have done, or is there some other more standard technique?

Pat O'Keefe