From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Crayford
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: question about Oracle on the mainframe

John McKown wrote:

Are you aware that Oracle on z/OS is "functionally stabilized" at release
10? I.e. the newer Oracle releases will not be ported to run under z/OS at
all. As of right now, release 10 remains supported on z/OS.

As another said, I've read of a number of z/Linux users using Oracle quite
happily.

SAP Business Suite is the same, no longer being ported to z/OS. It seems
that z/Linux is becoming a very strategic platform for both vendors and IBM.

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized state official.