All

Thanks for tips on handling xmit within xmit. I missed that.
I did get zip of the sources  and here is what I did as test:

1.       Unzip
2.      Rename all maclib to *.MAC
3.      Rename all srclib to *.MLC
4.      Run z390 command: ASM SRCLIB\HTTPSUB SYSMAC(MACLIB+MAC)
SYSCPY(MACLIB) >>> failed with 100+ errors due to REGEQU not found.
5.      Rename maclib REGEQU.MAC to REGEQU.CPY
6.      Rerun z390 ASM command with following results:
a.      Z390 missing macros – EZASMI, IEFZB4D0 and IEFZB4D2
b.      Z390 assembly errors -  38 (most due to EZASMI calls and a few
missing field def.

Don Higgins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:41:34 -0500, J R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yes, I noticed the XMIT within XMIT format.
>
>Unfortunately, this confounds XmitManager because the top level
>invocation converts the second level members to ASCII which the
>second level invocation can't make sense of.
>
>This makes it difficult to work with on a PC.
>

>> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:21:16 -0500
>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: Re: Need someone to fix a free HTTP Server written in Assembler
>> To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

>> Don, the sources, maclib, etc. in the XMI file inside of the ZIP are
>> themselves XMIT files. I was able to RECEIVE the FILE795.XMI file on
>> the mainframe (after binary FTP of course) into a PDS, the used RECEIVE
>> with the members of that PDS as the INDSNAME for RECEIVE.
>>
>> So cbt795 is largely an XMIT of XMIT's. The main XMIT (FILE795.XMI) is
>> a PDS with BLKSIZE=5600. The members in that PDS (SRC/MAC/JCL/HTML)
are
>> XMIT's of BLKSIZE=4000 PDS's. The GIF member is an XMIT of a
>> VB/256/6333 PDS.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Peter

>Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive.
>http://skydrive.live.com/welcome.aspx?provision=1?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_102008