2008-11-04 Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:41:34 -0500, J R wrote:
>
>>Yes, I noticed the XMIT within XMIT format.
>>
>>Unfortunately, this confounds XmitManager because the top level
>>invocation converts the second level members to ASCII which the
>>second level invocation can't make sense of.
>>
>>This makes it difficult to work with on a PC.
>>
> Sounds as if XMIT Manager needs a BINARY switch.

Um, it has one. Under Options there is a "prompt for extraction option
overrides". Check that box, extract one of the 1st level members, and
when prompted specify binary, and change the filetype to .xmi . Then
you can open that and browse or extract in ASCII.

> Oops.  Looking for their web site, I get a page of ads with "The domain
> name data-aid.co.uk has be registered on behalf of one of our customers."
>
> Sic transit?

It's still available on the CBT site itself.

Tony H.