On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:05:20 -0500, Tony Harminc wrote:

>2008-11-04 Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:41:34 -0500, J R wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, I noticed the XMIT within XMIT format.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, this confounds XmitManager because the top level
>>>invocation converts the second level members to ASCII which the
>>>second level invocation can't make sense of.
>>>
>>>This makes it difficult to work with on a PC.
>>>
>> Sounds as if XMIT Manager needs a BINARY switch.
>
>Um, it has one. Under Options there is a "prompt for extraction option
>overrides". Check that box, extract one of the 1st level members, and
>when prompted specify binary, and change the filetype to .xmi . Then
>you can open that and browse or extract in ASCII.

I see a problem with XMIT Manager's binary option. In the case of the HTML,
JCL, and MACROLIB members, it leaves off some of the data at the end. When
I use XMIT Manager to view MACROLIB.xmi, I get the member list, but when I
try to view the last member, WEBURL, it fails.

In the case of the SRCLIB member, it adds a few thousand bytes of padding,
but this does not seem to be a problem for XMIT Manager when it reads
SRCLIB.xmi.

The web page for XMIT Manager at www.cbttape.org mentions some bugs
that were corrected, "including the truncated end of file for some members
extracted". It looks like there is still a bug related to end-of-file, for
binary
extracts at least.

Bill