On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:04:10 -0600, Kirk Wolf wrote:

>Then, use a Unix shell on z/OS and "make" to build your z/OS code -
>assembler is no problem and you can build to z/OS load modules just
>fine.
>Once you get the hang of make, it has many advantages over building
>with JCL.   But: you can still use JCL to build systems where the
>source is in zFS/HFS/NFS if you want.

What do you use to invoke HLASM from make?  cc?  RYO?  I tried the
former and was dismayed to learn that it forces PARM to uppercase.
Has this been fixed lately, perhaps with an ASIS flag?  I'd submit
a PMR, but I suspect it would just get WAD.

I don't understand the rationale for the idiosyncrasy.  JCL passes
the PARM ASIS.  Rexx passes the PARM asis.  TSO CALL has at least
an ASIS option.  cc passes options ASIS to language translators other
than HLASM.  Why does cc (only) pick on HLASM (only).

-- gil