In <a6b9336cdb62bb46b9f8708e686a7ea0115baa1...@nrhmms8p02.uicnrh.dom>,
on 09/05/2012
   at 11:45 AM, "McKown, John" <john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> said:

>If it is because the z architecture is "not good" at numeric
>computation,

The z architecture is fine for numeric computations. The problem is
that the implementation is competing with processors manufactured in
bulk. If IBM could sell millions of z boxen then they'd be able to cut
the price dramatically.

I've always wondered what would have happened had IBM used a 370
instruction set on the PC instead of Intel.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>