My current employer only has one shared ID for IBM electronic support,  used by
all platforms.  The last few years, it's just become too painful to use the
online facility, so I'm back to  using the 800 number exclusively.  Welcome to
the 1980's!  Once a pmr has been opened, emails can be used for exchange of
info with L2 or L3 support.

I see this as just another indicator of the continuing slide of IBM in the last
few years.  Deep cost cutting and USA staff that has been RA'ed to the max,
leaving sketchy support areas overseas with little experience to support
customers both external and internal.   A large share of profits goes for stock
buy-backs,  propping up EPS and thus stock price.  It is a cycle that cannot
continue indefinitely, very similar to a ponzi scheme.  Unfortunately the z
customers that are left are ones that will not, or cannot migrate easily to
other platforms, so they make a great cash cow to milk for all their worth.

Dana