On 16/12/2022 11:33 pm, Scott Chapman wrote:

We have customers (S)FTP(S)ing us data every day directly referencing the
output of IFASMFDP with DCB=RECFM=U with no problem.

The OP specified being able to reverse the process, so my understanding was it needed to transfer back to a dataset on z/OS.

This seems to be surprisingly difficult - IBM doesn't seem to have considered round trip capability when they wrote the FTP functions. (Although I haven't tried it with a RECFM U transfer.)

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software