Rackspace has historically had reputation issues and has found itself on
anti-abuse block lists. It would be advisable to check whether any of your
Rackspace IP addresses are listed.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Boesel Guillaume <guilla...@boesel.fr>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2022 11:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Transmitting SMF records

>From Barry Merrill :

My mxg.com email server company, RACKSPACE, took a Ransomeware attack and I'm
unable to originate mail from ba...@mxg.com, although I am receiving forwards.
Can you post this to the IBM-MAIN track for me.

The problem with moving SMF records with ftp is that whenever ftp sees
RECFM=V/VB/VBS,
it strips the BDW and RDW fields and only sends the data in those records,
which is a totally
useless file.

Terse works,  for z/OS to z/OS, and also works sending to ASCII, where you can
using the UNTERSE.EXE program that Cheryl Watson provides. to recreate the
original VBS file.

But if the destination is for ASCII and SAS, you can use IEBGENER to create a
copy of
the data, on z/OS, but using RECFM=U, which ftp can't muck-up, and SAS on ASCII
processes that data using RECFM=S370VBS, since the file has the BDW and RDW, so
the downloaded file
RECFM=U file can be read directly by SAS.

         // EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
         //SYSUT1 DD DSN=YOUR.VB.FILE,DISP=SHR,RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32760
         //SYSUT2 DD DSN=YOUR.NEW.RECFMU,DISP=(,CATLG),RECFM=U,
         //          BLKSIZE=32760,UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(50,50))
         //SYSIN  DD DUMMY

And since the RECFM=U file has the BDW and RDW, it could be processed on z/OS
to recreate the original VBS data.

Merrilly Christmas,
Barry Merrill