On Thu, 22 Dec 2022, at 21:23, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> Waterloo Script will work just fine with TSO.
>
> If only VM/SP were public domain I'd suggest XEDIT as a reason to learn VM.

I use Kedit these days on my home (which is the only place I ever am) PCs.  I
did
use Xedit for 3 years, back in the mid 1980s.  (I also wrote a full-screen
editor
for APL functions, vaguely based on some simple Xedit facilities) in APL, for
IBM,
as a student when the default line-mode editing of APL functions was so limited
in what it could do.  That must have been in 1981.  I bet they never did
anything
with it).

For me, Kedit plus its macros (in Kexx) beats any of the ispf-like editors with
macros not written in rexx.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.