From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Bob
Bridges [robhbrid...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2022 9:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Markup languages - more on the shortcomings of MS Word

Once we were done with Christmas morning, my son and his family took off for
other Christmas venues and I spent most of the day downloading MiKTeX (an
editor for LateX) and reading documentatino.  Finding the documentation was
a bit of a chore and I'm not satisfied yet that I have everything I'll need,
but the web eventually yielded up manuals whose titles, at least, claim
they're about LaTeX, LaTeX2e, TeXWorks and MikTeX.  I have a lot of reading
yet to do.

This morning I emailed the Word document to myself and tried saving it as
PDF.  Turns out Word is awful at that too.  It skipped over most of the ToC
and jumped from there straight to the beginning of the second chapter,
omitting the Intro.  I probably won't bother to see what else is wrong with
it.

---

/* Do right, and God's recompense to you will be the power of doing more
right.  Give, and God's reward to you will be the spirit of giving
more....Love, and God will pay you with the capacity of more love....  -F W
Robertson */