Steve Thompson wrote on 9/7/2023 7:24 PM:
You ever work with WYLBUR?

Yes, at RAND circa 1976 as a guest of an employee, and at Stanford, which is where I quickly grew to hate it.  Funny thing is, many of the other Stanford systems people started using TSO more as they saw what I could do with it.

Single address space,

Just like the rest that I listed.  So a failure, instead of taking out 1 TSO user, takes out hundreds of users.  Wylbur's ability to recover user's work from its own page files was both a blessing and curse -- users didn't lose more than one screen interaction of work, but it could take a long time for Wylbur to restart as it did that recovery.

Had its own scripting language, so applications were written to run inside of Wylbur.

Yet another tally mark in the disadvantages column.

/Leonard