Small product with just a few libraries and fairly stand-alone is ok via XMIT.
Especially if it is mostly maintained by replacement.
Anything more complex is helped by SMP/E, but even with IBM (and CA) when done
with SMP/E, there is still usually half or more of the install doing
configurations and tailoring.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University