On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:16:00 -0700, Duffy Nightingale wrote:

>we send our product out using TSO XMIT.  Which gives rise to a
>question.  I saw some techie state that he would not install a
>product unless he could use SMP/E.  Is this something us developers
>should explore or is it a big headache that is not worth it?

IMO, well-implemented SMP/E packaging is preferable to non-SMP/E.

However, non-SMP/E packaging is far preferable to poorly implemented
SMP/E packaging.  Getting it right is difficult and some vendors do a very
poor job of it.  IMO if a vendor doesn't do their SMP/E packaging correctly,
it is better that they not bother.

AFAIK, Innovation (FDR, etc.) still ships their products without SMP/E, and
their installation is (IMO) one of the best.  IIRC, Quickref is another that is
not installed with SMP/E.

--
Tom Marchant