On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:41:12 -0400, Dave Salt wrote:

>SimpList can be added to that list as well. One reason is because many
>developers want to try SimpList by installing it in their own private
>libraries, and they don't have access to SMP/E.

Shame on IBM for transmogrifying SMP/E into a product that presents
an ineffable threat to system integrity, and for tolerating that
situation, apparently indefinitely!  Prior to that all programmers
had access to SMP/E and could install products for trial in their own
private libraries.

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:35:49 -0500, Tom Marchant wrote:

>IMO, well-implemented SMP/E packaging is preferable to non-SMP/E.
>
>However, non-SMP/E packaging is far preferable to poorly implemented
>SMP/E packaging.  Getting it right is difficult and some vendors do a very
>poor job of it.  IMO if a vendor doesn't do their SMP/E packaging correctly,
>it is better that they not bother.

Where can I find some Rules of Thumb; an SMP/E style checker?

-- gil