On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:08 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

Thinking back on the recent "SR Policy" thread which I started, and to which you contributed, should the customer entertain the question, "...let me know what impact this issue has on your day to day business...", or should the customer expect a repair because it's The Right Thing To Do, and because it may spare a peer customer "hours of searching and testing"? Note that
when Charles has a circumvention, he must honestly answer that the
"impact ... on [his] day to day business" has been reduced to zero.

Paul:

This is in my opinion a fuzzy error. Where the C issue is a classic bug(probably) your SR Policy is a gray area and it is harder to define a right/wrong answer (although probably you are right). Spelling & such is a issue but not a real bug. It is a soft issue, in my opinion and a lot harder to get IBM interested.

Ed