From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Looking for help with an obscure C integer problem

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:22:55 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>Charles,
>
>You are a vendor and may have found a problem with the C integer process.  It
>would be of benefit to the community when you find something like this to
>report even if you do not get benefit directly.
>
>Instead you get an indirect benefit of helping the community and preventing
>someone else hours of searching and testing.
>
>If there was something wrong with one of your processes, would you want your
>customer to say - it is not worth it.  Or would you want it reported so you
>can fix it.
>
>Just my 2 cents worth

Thinking back on the recent "SR Policy" thread which I started, and to which
you contributed, should the customer entertain the question, "...let me know
what impact this issue has on your day to day business...", or should the
customer expect a repair because it's The Right Thing To Do, and because it may
spare a peer customer "hours of searching and testing"?  Note that when Charles
has a circumvention, he must honestly answer that the "impact ... on [his] day
to day business" has been reduced to zero.

-- gil