On the contrary..., I subscribed to IBM-Main mainly because it actually helped
me understand a few things on my road of 'learning z/OS'.

For me,  It is usually the 'history' that is missing for understanding why
certain things work as they work today.  (Cobol v5.1, PDSE .. thread for
example ;) )

Ronald Kristel

NL

> Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 11:33:12 +0000
> From: dasdbi...@comcast.net
> Subject: Re: Aging Sysprogs = Aging Farmers
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

  Every young person contemplating a mainframe career should spend a week
reading IBM-Main.