> On Oct 6, 2017, at 6:21 AM, John Eells <ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> More for ServerPac than for CBPDO, but ServerPac is how most people get z/OS,
> at least.
>
> What kind of ServerPac turnaround time do people:
>
> - Expect?
> - Really need?
>
> ...for z/OS orders?

John,

Hands down CBPDO. Its straightforward none of the damn menus of Servpac and I
can at any point in time see what is going on, which for us is important as we
switch duties at a minutes notice. With a CBPDO there is a nice checklist and a
spool to look at with SDSF. The people switching duties is typical in our shop.
One day you are working on a PDO and in the afternoon you are dump looking
while someone else is doing the CBPDO. No muss no fuss. I get pulled into so
many meetings that essentially 2 people can work on it and no worry about
servpac datasets.

Ed