Well, I wish they could leave without DCSS, but it seems thet invoking

exec/modules does need it. I have tried to compile a 3-line program mysel
and it does not seem to work:
[qte]
fortvs2 testf

DMSILX040E SAVED SEGMENT(S) NOT FOUND. EXECUTION TERMINATED.
Ready(00044); T=0.03/0.06 08:40:11
[unqte]
Any remedy to this?

Alexey

On Mon, 8 May 2006 07:40:55 -0400, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrot
e:

>You may be just as well off in just forgetting about the DCSS for
>Fortran.  If the bootstrap module or invocation exec just uses the DCSS
if
>one is available and if there is not much or, as in our case, probably n
>concurrent use of Fortran, there is no savings to be gained.  It sounds
as
>if you may be better off chasing a real problem.
>Jim
>
>At 05:08 AM 5/8/2006, Alexey Bozrikov wrote:
>>Good day everyone,
>>
>>I am trying to restore VS Fortran shared segments after a re-arrangemen
t =
>>of=20
>>SPOOL areas (by a person with an MCSE diploma, I know, ridiculous) on

a=20=

>>VM/ESA system running on P/390. No backups of previous DCSSes are=20
>>available. Have no great experiencs on doing this; last time I've been=
20=

>>doing something with saved systems was on a VM/SP 5 system years ago.

I=20=

>>have tried following: LINKed VSFORT 260/270 minidisks to maint machine
an=
>>d=20
>>run I5668806 EXEC with DCSS arg. The EXEC complains about lack of FORTR
AN=