On: Wed, May 31, 2006 at 01:08:25PM -0500,Mike Walter Wrote:

} that it requires PROP (or VM:Operator) action routines, a CMS service
} machine that talks "IP" to a Linux server.  The Linux box will talk over
} IP to a started task on a z/OS system.  The z/OS system started task
} application talks directly to the Sun/STK VTS.  All that to simply get the

Why not eliminate the linux server, which seems to me to be just another
point of failure, and have the CMS service machine talk IP to the MVS
task?

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67