You want him to say that VM TCPIP has a built-in firewall or some such?

Regards,
Richard Schuh

 -----Original Message-----
From:   The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Rich Greenberg
Sent:   Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:41 PM
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject:        Re: OSA Express, ZVM TCPIP, and Security

On: Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 04:15:04PM -0400,David Boyes Wrote:

} > One of the management types near me is concerned about TCPIP "buffer
} > overrun security exposure" on our ZVM 5.2 Z890 system.
} > Should I be concerned with buffer overrun security exposures?  If I
} > should not be concerned, how would I go about giving comfort to the
} > concerned management types?
}
} 1) The VM TCPIP stack is not based on the common BSD roots of the Unix
} and Windows TCP implementations. It is not susceptible to attacks based
} on code analysis of the BSD code.

David,
Now you just need to re-write this in manager-speak, so it can be given
to the suits in a language they understand.

:-)

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67