From:   The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Barton Robinson
Sent:   Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:11 PM
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject:        Re: OSA Express, ZVM TCPIP, and Security

What's wrong with the truth? Mainframe code was written
by professionals in an architecture that doesn't support
such nonsense?

>From:         Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>On 7/6/06, Schuh, Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> You want him to say that VM TCPIP has a built-in firewall or some such?
>
>It would probably also be fair to say the VM TCP/IP code was
>written well before this bug was introduced...  about the same
>logic as applying a PTF early "before it becomes a PE" But
>sometimes you can get away with such explanations.
>
>I tried numerous times to explain to security folks that they
>should not ask such questions, but I have given up.  It is far
>easier to simply tell them that fix is applied...
>
>Rob

"If you can't measure it, I'm Just NOT interested!"(tm)

Barton Robinson - CBW     Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Velocity Software, Inc    Mailing Address:
 196-D Castro Street       P.O. Box 390640
 Mountain View, CA 94041   Mountain View, CA 94039-0640

VM Performance Hotline:   650-964-8867
Fax: 650-964-9012         Web Page:  WWW.VELOCITY-SOFTWARE.COM