As promised, I've posted my take on a book outline for new z/VM system
programmers. I'd appreciate comments and extensions to the topics (and
if people see sections they'd volunteer to write, I'd be thrilled). I
think a lot of the material will be reading the IBM stuff and casting it
into our own words, but we can also improve on same...8-)

Note that the document is marked copyrighted by the VM Community Trust
-- this is simply to avoid one of the commercial publishers picking it
up and misusing it. I would intend this document to be owned by the VM
community and maintained by same (in the same vein as Melinda Varian's
classic "What Mother Never Told You About VM Service"). If we get
further with this, I'll set up a non-profit to hold the copyrights so
that it remains in the public trust. This was very successful for some
items on Usenet.

The proposed outline is available at:
http://www.sinenomine.net/node/559.

Comments are welcome, and should be posted to me and to the list.

-- db