Chapter 3 note - applying the most recent RSU/COR is included in the VM One
Page Install sheet.  So it should be a normal thing in a virgin install of
VM for the person to use the automatic tools (SERVICE & PUT2PROD).  Those
steps are definitely included there and seem to be well documented for
normal/basic service in the Service Guide for folks that want all the
details.   The only case where SERVICE would or may not be used is if the
sysprog decided to futz with the PPF file(s) and changes the defaults as
soon as the system was installed.

I could go on and on and on... oh look, shiny things!  Gotta run...

_______________________________________
James Vincent
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Technology Solutions
Mainframe, z/VM and z/Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-20-13
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5547    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 08/01/2006
04:13:08 PM: