When I started with computers in 1968, IBM sold very good hardware, gave away the software, and charged for education and support. They became rich on that model.

Now, IBM is going to a model where they make good hardware (z9) that runs a free OS (Linux) very well and they charge for consulting. Will they become rich again on that model?