I'm putting together requirements for DDR to support interfacing with tap
management systems and using labeled tapes.  I'd like some feedback from

other interested parties on my first draft:

Requirement: When running under CMS, DDR should allow interfacing with

tape management systems during EOV processing and allow the tape
management system to control the tape drive during such processing.

Justification: Tape management systems and DDR are integral components of

Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation.  Interfacing these two
vital components minimizes a major risk factor to successful Disaster
Recovery by insuring that the correct tapes are mounted (via labeled
tapes) and through automation of the associated record keeping.
Operational control at EOV is improved via the usage of the interface and

functionality provided by the tape management system vs the HCPERP2233I

message from CP.

Requirement: DDR should support skipping labels on multivolume input tape
s.

Justification: This is required if DDR interfaces with a tape management

system that supports labeled tapes.  Without this support standalone DDR

cannot restore from multivolume labeled tapes.  CMS DDR may not have an

operatinal tape management system available to position multivolume input

tapes beyond any tape label.

I was wondering if it would also be appropriate to include a list of
customers interested in seeing these requirements implemented.

Brian Nielsen