> I'm putting together requirements for DDR to support interfacing with
tap
> management systems and using labeled tapes.  I'd like some feedback
from

> other interested parties on my first draft:

My comment would be to move the actual tape handling part out of DDR
entirely and let the data storage be handled by something else, eg a
pipe connecting to the input or output of the DDR engine. Then it
wouldn't matter how we were storing the data, and all the positioning
stuff could be out in user space, so DDR wouldn't need to know or care.

Then we wouldn't need CMSDDR any more.

-- db