IBM VM BATCH uses Diag D4 to set an Alternate ID for task IDs, so in some ways the task machine is "masquerading" as a different userid.

The BATCH SUBMIT command accepts an ALTID option which is used by that Diag D4, but the job owner is still the actual job submitter.

The DGROOLY EXEC runs on the task ID, and one of the parameters passed is the job owner. But I want to determine if there is an ALTID in effect.

Short of doing something gross like sending myself a spool file and checking the origin id, either of the spool file or looking at the IMSG, how can I determine the Alternate User ID of the ID I'm actually running on?

That is, how can I determine what my ORIGINID would be if I sent a spool file to another ID?

This is on z/VM 4.4

Thanks,
Don Russell