Is FOR new with 5.3? H CP FOR gets me the display for FOrward.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:58 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Ops privs

On Monday, 08/27/2007 at 12:55 EDT, Colin Allinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I certainly do not want a user to be able to FORCE another simply
because they
> have LOGONBY authority for that userid. If allowing this is optional
(for those
> shops that want it) then fine but I do not want to be put in a
position
where
> this is the default authority for LOGONBY.

I hear you.

I have understood from the various comments like yours that the concerns

are not actually related to security, but to system management (avoiding

accidents).  I understand and accept that.

So, no worries about users suddenly and unexpectedly being able to FORCE

(e.g.) another user.

You will still need to be aware of CP FOR's use of LOGON BY as
authorization (ESM only, and only when you are not currently the
secuser).