From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of RPN01
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 11:11 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Initial User Directory

You could add one question to the initial dialog:

"Old School, or Paranoid? (O or P):

It'd be interesting to collect statistics, but I think that, in today's
market, paranoid would win out.

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW

On 10/9/07 10:01 AM, "David Boyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Understand that if we were to go this way, the Old School "let the
>>> customer decide" wouldn't be there.  So I would ask that those who
> would
>>> object to such a change to speak up.
>
> No problem here.
>
> If you ship a more secure system as a default, then there's less for me
> to do. Also, doesn't really break the "let the customer decide" model;
> we just start from a better set of defaults.
>
> Again, should I write it up as a formal requirement, to make it
> official?
>
> -- db

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside
VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com