>>> On Tue, Dec 4, 2007 at  9:15 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Mrohs, Ray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Here's a current swap status on SLES10 with 400M.
>
> swapon -s
>
> Filename                                Type            Size    Used
> Priority
> /dev/dasdf1                             partition       74988   63932
> -1
> /dev/dasdg1                             partition       149988  23064
> -2
> /dev/dasdh1                             partition       224988  23088
> -3
>
> Does this imply that dasdg1 completely filled up before using dasdh1?

I'm unsure about how negative priorities work, but yes, the fact that they are
different priorities implies that at some point, the first swap space filled
up, then the second swap space, and then some was used of the third.  If you're
not seeing significant paging *rates* then this isn't necessarily a problem.
It could just be that some really huge amount of startup code got paged out
over time.  If you are seeing significant rates, then it's time to bump up the
amount of storage assigned to this system.

Mark Post