On Jan 11, 2008 2:12 PM, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The size of the Gun?  I was illustrating Dirmaint's place/role in the
> CSE  *requirements*; I explictly wanted to say all CSE functions don't
> need.PVM and Dirmaint.  I know from experience that many people see
> CSE as 1 thing, and that isn't the case: 3 distinct functions, all
> with different requirements.

The primary requirement is that the CP directory of all involved
systems is managed in some way by a single organization.
Use of distributed IUCV requires that you control at least the
userids. And like you describe, when you share mini disks you must
control allocation of those shared mini disks. Whether with DIRMAINT
or with home grown tools.

I believe the requirement for PVM makes it very unattractive for
installations to move forward with that next level of CSE. The change
to use ISFC for that is long overdue. We can only hope this will
change when exciting new function for CP in that area is made
available.

Rob